Friday, March 6, 2009

Looking for Solutions

In the spirit of Obabmaism and striking at the progressive root of the party, I'm calling for solutions.

I have a few ideas, myself, but I welcome solutions from across the political perspective. We hear about the problems all of the time. St. Lawrence County has an unemployment rate above 11%. Balmat Zinc, General Motors, and ALCOA, have laid off hundreds, and the ancillary job loss increases. Our young people are leaving and we're too isolated for anyone to come here. Our old infrastructure is crumbling, and modern infrastructure is lagging behind.

What can we do to make St. Lawrence County a better place to live?



I'll wait a week, and hopefully get some good comments. Please add what you think would be good solutions, regardless of your political affiliation.

Thanks.

No comments: